NHL - SP - 3
From the 20th December 2015 through until the 5th January 2016 (X'mas & New Year Period). The Balloons Over Bagan will charge an additional USD 10 per person during the peak Christmas and New Year Period to reflect the very heavy demand at this time.
The BOB will operate from 1st October 2015 through until 31st March 2016.
# FOR STANDARD SERVICE:
*** PRICE PER PERSON ~ 285 US$ (per Person) ***
[X'mas & New Year - 295 US$ (per Person)]
The premium service will maintain a maximum daily capacity of 16 in two balloons using our smaller balloons. This service will be aimed towards couples and small groups of FITs who would appreciate a more exclusive, intimate and interactive experience, and operationally will be separate from the larger passenger balloons.
The premium service of Boutique Balloons will offer a guaranteed 16 spaces for morning flights only, with a possibility to extend to an additional 12 spaces on a full charter basis only, subject to availability.
# FOR PREMIUM SERVICE:
*** PRICE PER PERSON ~ 335 US$ (PER PAX) ***
[X'mas & New Year - 345 US$ (per Person)]
Boutique Balloons will include the following enhanced service as follows:
Ø Pre launches interactive tour of the balloon during inflation from the pilot
Ø Use of our smaller and more intimate balloons, with no more than 2 passengers per compartment
Ø Separate breakfast with superior champagne and launching area
Ø Free memory stick of in flight photos
~~ Prices include transfers from your hotel, balloon flight and a light champagne breakfast. ~~
Balloons over Bagan – conditions of flight
1) Passengers or their accompanying guide must register at our sales desk at Balloons over Bagan office in Wet-Kyi-Inn village upon arrival in Bagan. Our sales desk is open from 0800 AM to 1100 AM & again from 0500 PM to 0800 PM. The contact phone number is 061 60347.
2) Passengers are advised to wear long trousers and long sleeved clothing from 100% natural fibres.
3) Receipt of payment vouchers / flight tickets must be produced at launch site.
4) No refunds will be given for failure to arrive for a pre-arranged flight.
5) Any known medical condition which may affect your ability to fly or assist the crew must be disclosed to Balloons over Bagan at the time of booking and to the pilot on the day of the flight, i.e. epilepsy, recent surgery etc. Some conditions may preclude you from eligibility to fly. Pregnant women will not be permitted to fly. Balloons over Bagan will not accept liability for illness or injury due to any undisclosed condition or failure to comply with any reasonable instruction given by the pilot or crew or company representative.
6) The pilot in command is legally obliged to consider the safety of his passengers at all times and may refuse to carry passengers for whatever reason if it is considered their carriage may endanger the flight, other passengers or themselves. Balloons over Bagan reserves the right to refuse the carriage of any passenger.
7) Any Passenger in excess of 125 kg / 280 pounds, or any passenger who requires the space in the basket for 2 passengers, will be required to pay a 100% surcharge of the ticket price. Failure to provide accurate information in advance could lead to the refusal of flight at the launch site, whereby no refund will be offered.
8) All passengers must carefully listen to the security briefing (see below) given by the pilot before the launch of the balloon and indicate in case he / she doesn’t understand the security briefing.
9) The pilot of the day has absolute authority and all passengers and crew must comply with his instructions. The pilot’s decision on all matters is final.
10) Balloons over Bagan expects passengers to assist the pilot and crew in any situation that is deemed reasonable, during pre- and post-flight activities.
11) Balloons over Bagan reserves the right to cancel or delay flights, change rendezvous and launch sites, at short notice, to achieve a safe and successful flight. Balloons over Bagan will not accept liability for any consequential loss or inconvenience.
12) Balloons over Bagan carries third party and passenger liability for each balloon.
13) Balloons over Bagan accepts no liability for claims arising as a result of an act or default of any
other passenger or bystander.
14) Balloons over Bagan accept no liability for loss or damage to persons or property other than that which results from negligence on its own part.
15) Balloons over Bagan does not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects.
16) Flights cancelled by Balloons over Bagan for safety reasons or as a result of unfavourable weather or operational difficulties will be refunded in full. All direct payments to Balloons over Bagan will be refunded in cash either in Bagan or in Yangon. For all bookings made through tour agents, passengers must contact the respective agent to organise their refunds.
17) Balloons over Bagan reserve the right to alter, revise or review any terms, conditions or rates, at its discretion.
18) Balloons over Bagan will not fly children under the age of 8 years. A child under the age of 16 years will only be flown if accompanied by a responsible adult, and the child is over 4’6” tall (or 137 cm).
Security briefing (as given by the pilot before take-off)
• Do not touch any coloured ropes or the fuel hoses or any of the burner controls
• During inflation, do not move between the trucks and the balloon.
• On the command ‘Landing Positions’;
Ø Face backwards to the direction of travel.
Ø Hold onto the rope handles
Ø Bend your knees (like skiing), but do not sit on the floor
Ø Lean back against the basket padding
Ø Stay in this position until told to come back up.
• Before the landing, stow all cameras/videos/binoculars etc. DO NOT HANG ANYTHING AROUND YOUR NECK.
• After the landing, stay in the basket. Do not get out, until the pilot has told you it is safe to do so!
• NO SMOKING IN AND AROUND THE BALLOON at all times.
Balloons over Bagan - frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. How long is the flight?
Our flights normally last 45 minutes to one hour, or longer depending on the wind. The whole experience including hotel pickups and light champagne breakfast lasts between 2 ½ to 3 hours. Ballooning is also about watching the set up of the balloon, and being rescued at the end too, not just the flight itself. Not knowing where you are going to land is always exciting and part of the adventure!
2. What do we see?
The exciting thing about ballooning is that you just don’t know. You will see Bagan waking up in the morning. You will see many temples in the distance and get a spectacular aerial view of Bagan. Sometimes you may fly over villages and see people on their early morning rounds, feeding their animals; or going to market. It is an amazing and interactive experience.
3. Can we go to …… by balloon?
The balloon can only go where the wind takes it. So we unfortunately cannot pre-plan where it will land.
4. Is it safe?
• Commercial passenger ballooning is the safest form of all air transport.
• In Bagan we are always very careful. We only fly when there are light surface winds less than 8 knots., and have never recorded any accident or incident however minor
• Our pilots and technicians are European Nationals qualified and registered in the UK.
• Our balloons are built to the highest standards of the British aerospace industry by Cameron Balloons Ltd and Lindstrand Balloons,
• All our crew are trained to the highest international standards for the past 14 years and have all been trained in first aid by UK Public Transport Inspectors
5. I’m scared of heights.
Ballooning does not usually affect those people who are scared of heights. Because the balloon Travels with the wind, the basket is very stable and does not sway or rock during flight. There is no sense of vertigo or motion.
6. Do we see this pagoda?
You will see lots of pagodas! Exactly which pagoda you will see depends on the wind direction.
7. How many people can fit in one balloon?
We currently have 10 balloons in service. Two balloons have room for 8 passengers in four separate compartments plus a pilot. One balloon has room for 12 passengers in four separate compartments. Seven balloons have room for 16 passengers in four separate compartments, offering arrange of flexibility across our entire fleet for small or larger groups.
8. What is the premium service?
Our successful premium service offers a more personalised and spacious experience for a maximum of just 16 passengers per day in our two smallest 8 passenger balloons. Designed to hold just 4 couples in their own individual compartments with more personal space, the premium service offers a more intimate and private experience. A highlight of the experience is a guided interactive tour around the balloon during inflation from your pilot just prior to take off. In addition to this, clients will receive a free CD or memory stick including an in-flight photo of their flight.
9. What do we get for the price?
A memory that we hope will last forever; transport to and from your hotel to launch and landing site, flight, ‘rescue’, celebratory glass of champagne and light breakfast.
10. Where do we take off?
The take off site changes with the wind and is decided by the pilot in command on the day of the
flight. We have exclusive use of the Shwezigone sports ground which affords a spectacular view of
the Shwezigone pagoda at first light.
11. Where do we land?
Wherever the wind takes you! This could be next to a Pagoda, a field by a village, on a sandbank,
or even across the river, which will involve a rescue by boat.
12. What time will we be picked up?
For the morning flight, passengers are usually picked up at their hotels by our Balloons over Bagan
bus between 05h30 and 06h00 in the morning depending on the location of your hotel and thehotels of other passengers. The exact time will be given to you the evening before when you or your guide come to our sales desk at the Balloons over Bagan office in Wet-Kyi-Inn village to reconfirm your flight.
13. What time do we get back to the hotel?
In the morning flight, passengers are usually back at their hotels by 8.00 or 8.30 am. Some passengers like to stay longer after landing to drink an extra glass of champagne or chat with villagers who come to witness the landing. The post flight celebrations are an important part of ballooning in this special area and not to be rushed!
14. Can we fly at sunset?
We can sometimes put on evening flights on a standby basis only. Unfortunately because of the tropical location in Bagan, evening weather conditions tend to be less favourable and less reliable than in our scheduled morning flights. We believe therefore that a morning flight affords a more enjoyable and superior experience. Bagan is normally at its most beautiful early in the morning, and temperatures are pleasant and cool.
15. Can our children fly?
For safety reasons there are age and height restrictions. We set a minimum age of 8 years old, but as a general rule, all passengers must be able to see over the basket.
16. How can we pay for a pre-booking?
For a pre-booking, full payment must be made to New Highlight Travels & Tours Co., Ltd.
17. Can I get my money back if the balloon flight is cancelled?
Yes of course! Balloons over Bagan only operates when the chief pilot decides that the weather is suitable and it is safe to fly. Therefore it might unfortunately be possible that we have to cancel the balloon flight at the launch site for safety reasons. In that case we will refund 100% of your payment. All direct payments to Balloons over Bagan will be refunded in cash either in Bagan or in Yangon. If you have made payment through your travel agent, we will advise them immediately so that they can make arrangements for your refund on you return to Yangon.
18. Can I decide later in Bagan whether I want to fly or not?
It is possible to buy a last minute stand by ticket at our sales desk at the Balloons over Bagan office in Wet-Kyi-Inn village but this is only possible if we have spaces left for the next day. In recent years at certain times during the season we unfortunately have had to turn people away who wanted to book at short notice, but couldn’t because the day they were in Bagan the balloons were already fully booked by package tours. Therefore, to avoid disappointment, we strongly suggest you make your booking in advance. However if you are planning to stay in Bagan for 3-4 days there is a much better chance to book a standby space on one of the flights. If you are in any doubt, please feel free to contact us directly by phone or email, and we can give you an indication of our current booking status. Please note that this is an indication only, and may not remain accurate for very long.
19. Why do I have to give my weight?
It is important that we receive the correct weight of each passenger as soon as possible. The chief pilot needs this figure to calculate the total ballast of the basket, so that he can determine the total amount of lift available on that day.
20. Who owns Balloons over Bagan?
Balloons over Bagan is a 100% private Myanmar company, which was set up and is run by husband and wife team Brett Melzer and Khin Omar Win.
21. Please note that standby tickets can only be purchased 48 hours or two full days in advance at our Sales desk at the Balloons over Bagan office in Wet-Kyi-Inn village.